Services Available

The Division of Energy contracts with local agencies to provide basic weatherization services which:

  • Reduce your home heating bills
  • Save energy
  • Make your home warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer.

If you are eligible for weatherization services based on your WHEAP application, your application information will be referred to the local weatherization agency. Households selected for potential weatherization services will be contacted by the weatherization agency. The agency will then make arrangements to have an energy auditor look at your home to see what can be done to make it more energy efficient. Weatherization services differ with each home depending on how it was built and its condition. Some common weatherization services include:

  • Insulate attics, walls and floors
  • Insulate or replace water heater
  • Install energy efficient lighting
  • Reduce air leakage
  • Repair or replace furnace
  • Replace refrigerator, if qualified
  • Perform a general health and safety inspection
  • Provide information about maintenance and energy conservation


You may be eligible for weatherization services if:

  • You received benefits from Wisconsin’s Home Energy Assistance Program (WHEAP) or your gross income for the last three months is equal to or less than 60% of Wisconsin's state median income (SMI) for your family size.
  • Your dwelling/apartment has not been weatherized before.
  • You own your home or rent.
  • Your household meets certain priorities that may include a high energy burden or use, an elderly or disabled member or a child under six.
  • Residents of Grant, Iowa, Lafayette and Richland counties.

More Information

Wisconsin Home Energy Plus Program

To Apply

Southwest Community Action Program
208 Hwy 18 West
Montfort, WI 53569

Phone: (608) 943-6909
Fax: (608) 943-6929